This post is the second in a series that showcases our MBA interns participating in Forgepoint’s Summer Associate program. Designed to provide comprehensive exposure to venture capital while advancing participants’ understanding of cybersecurity…Read More
Expands Investment Team with Three New Hires to Support Growth
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., September 30, 2020 — ForgePoint Capital, with $770 million under management, has emerged as the most active sector-focused cybersecurity venture investor year-to-date according to PitchBook data. Since the beginning of the year, the firm has led investments totaling $75M in new companies, added three new investment professionals, and invested $37.8M in follow-on funding rounds.
“We’ve strengthened our portfolio by investing in five new companies and grown our diverse team of company builders,” said Alberto Yépez, Co-Founder and Managing Director at ForgePoint Capital. “As we look ahead, we remain focused on fueling the growth of new, transformational market leaders and backing remarkable entrepreneurs in cybersecurity.”
ForgePoint led new investments in:
- Area 1: Preemptive email security leader based in Redwood City, California
- Cloudentity: Identity aware authorization for cloud applications leader based in Seattle
- Concourse Labs: Cloud governance automation leader based in New York City
- Cysiv: Security Operations Center (SOC)-as-a-Service leader based in Dallas, Texas
- Huntress Labs: Advanced managed detection and response leader based in Ellicott, Maryland
ForgePoint made follow-on investments in:
- 4IQ: Identity intelligence and attribution analysis leader based in Los Altos, California
- Anitian: Cloud-delivered security and compliance leader based in Portland, Oregon
- NowSecure: Automated mobile app security and privacy testing leader based in Chicago, Illinois
- Remediant: Privileged Access Management (PAM) leader based in San Francisco
- Reversing Labs: Threat intelligence and analysis leader based in Boston, Massachusetts
- Uptycs: Osquery-powered, scalable security analytics leader based in Waltham, Massachusetts
2020 New Hires
“We would like to welcome Connie Qian, Leoncio ‘Leo’ Casusol and Rohit Gupta to the ForgePoint team,” said Yépez. “Collectively, they bring enthusiasm, passion, key relationships, and years of experience that will benefit our portfolio companies and partners.”
- Connie Qian, Appointed Senior Associate: With a passion to build the next generation of companies that protect the digital world, Connie Qian joins ForgePoint having previously worked at Square in strategic finance and business operations. Qian also spent several years in equity research at Goldman Sachs and Baird, developing deep expertise in the hardware and enterprise technology sectors. She earned a BS in Applied Economics from Cornell University and an MBA from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School. As Senior Associate, Qian will be involved in all aspects of the investment process.
- Leo Casusol, Appointed Venture Partner: Former CIO, Cyxtera Technologies, Verizon Business, and Terremark Worldwide, Leoncio “Leo” Casusol, joins ForgePoint as Venture Partner. After joining the ForgePoint Advisory Board in 2019, he moved into a consulting role where his 20 years of technology and operational experience proved essential to startups navigating the challenges associated with the pandemic. As Venture Partner, Casusol will help portfolio companies meet rising demand by growing new revenue streams and increasing customer satisfaction in complex business and technology environments.
- Rohit Gupta, Appointed Senior Analyst: Former Ventures Associate at Plug & Play, Rohit joins ForgePoint as Senior Analyst. Rohit led early-stage cybersecurity & sustainability investment activities at Plug & Play Ventures. Before that, he spent several years in product management at ShieldX Networks, helping the company scale from seed to Series B. Rohit earned a BS in Business Administration from UC Berkeley. As Senior Analyst, Rohit will be supporting all aspects of the investment process.
“Instances of cyber attacks and IP theft have increased along with remote work,” Yépez continues. “We’re privileged to work with amazing entrepreneurs and investors on a mission to protect the digital world against increasingly sophisticated attacks that threaten national security and the global economy.”
About ForgePoint Capital:
ForgePoint Capital is the premier cybersecurity venture fund investing in transformative companies protecting the digital world. With $770 million of assets under management, the firm is one of the most active investors in early and growth-stage cybersecurity startups with over 25 global investments.
Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, the firm partners with exceptional cybersecurity entrepreneurs, visionaries, and leaders worldwide. Please visit www.forgepointcap.com and follow @ForgePointCap (Twitter) to learn more.
You may also enjoy:
Today marks the first anniversary of SolCyber’s emergence from stealth. On behalf of Don Dixon, Alberto Yépez, and all of us here at Forgepoint, I wanted to take a moment to congratulate Scott McCrady, David Emerson and team on SolCyber’s rise…Read More
This post is the first blog in a series that showcases our MBA interns participating in Forgepoint’s Summer Associate program. Designed to provide comprehensive exposure to venture capital while advancing participants’ understanding of…Read More